ServiceMaster by Knipper
ServiceMaster Cleaning Services


24-hour Emergency

ServiceMaster Cleaning Services & ServiceMaster by Knipper | News

Without Mold Removal In Galena, IL, Children could be at Greater Health Risk Than Adults

December 28th, 2015 · No Comments

Mold spores are everywhere, and they are often harmless in small concentrations. However, when mold begins to take root in your home, the concentration of spores increases quickly, polluting your air and affecting the health of your family. At ServiceMaster Cleaning Services, we provide comprehensive mold removal in Galena, IL to keep your home or business environment clean and healthy.


While mold affects everyone’s health, young children and infants are most at risk. The mycotoxins in mold can impact children far more critically if they are exposed during their early stages of development.


The National Center for Biotechnology Information discovered that some studies have shown that toxicity in mold could lead to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS), a condition that may affect the exposed children for the rest of their lives. With still-developing bodies, it can be almost impossible for children to recover fully from CFS.


Some medical studies and research also show that mycotoxins released in mold-infested homes may be linked to neurotoxicity in children’s brains. The effect of this neurotoxicity is called Sick Building Syndrome (SBS), a condition that can damage a child’s performance in school, their behavior, and their cognitive development.

Asthma in adults and children is a common side effect of exposure to mold spores, but for young children and infants, mold can more severely affect lung development. This can lead to permanent asthma, weakened lungs, and other complications with the respiratory system later in life.

Another mycotoxin-related illness observed in children exposed to mold-polluted environments is Chronic Hypersensitivity Pneumonitis (CHP). This condition has symptoms similar to pneumonia, but CHP can’t be treated with antibiotics.

Other symptoms observed in children and infants exposed to mold spores include chronic coughing, itchy eyes, trouble breathing, fever, fatigue, headaches, and in some cases of severe allergy, seizure.

These risks are very real for children exposed to mold, but you don’t have to worry if you keep your home free of mold infestations. Simply call us at ServiceMaster Cleaning Services for our comprehensive mold removal service in Galena, IL.

Tags: mold remediation · ServiceMaster by Knipper ·


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *